Dropping body fat is a case of lowering your caloric intake below your energy expenditure level. The following meal plan has been written for a 25 y.o 65kg female training CrossFit (strength & conditioning) 3 times a week. This plan covers Monday to Friday but can be extended out to the weekend, just increase the ingredients and make enough for two extra days.
Breakfast: Egg cupcakes
Lunch: Mexican Salad
Dinner: Garlic Chilli Chicken, potato and salad
Snack: Choc Protein Greek Yoghurt w/raspberries
Post Workout: Whey and Sultanas
To lose a steady and healthy amount of fat without dropping her performance in the gym, she will need to consume 1719 calories per day.
Her macronutrient split will be:
64g Fat, 144g Carbs, 142g protein
- 2 Punnets of Cherry Tomatoes
- 2 Cartons of eggs
- 1 Bunch Spring Onion
- 1 Red Onion
- 5-7 Bananas
- 3 tins of Coles Mexican Chilli beans
- 1 Packet of Mission Tortilla Chips
- 250g Coles Light Tasty Shredded Cheese
- 1 Iceberg Lettuce
- 1 Praise Chipotle Aioli
- 1 Bag Baby Spinach Leaves
- 1kg Desiree (red) potatoes
- 1.3kg Chicken Breast
- 500g Greek Yoghurt (full fat)
- Chocolate Whey Protein (Bulk Nutrients)
- 300g Frozen Raspberries
BREAKFAST – EGG CUPCAKES
- Prepare in advance and store in a container in the fridge.
- Chop 15 cherry tomatoes, 1.25 cups of red onion, 3-4 spring onions and put in a bowl. Add 15 whisked eggs to the mix and stir until mixed.
- Pour mixture evenly into non-stick muffin tray and cook in the oven for 15-20 minutes until golden on top.
- Let them cool and place in containers for the week with a medium banana.
LUNCH – MEXICAN SALAD
- Chop Iceberg Lettuce and 20 cherry tomatoes and place in 5 containers.
- Add half a tin of Mexican beans to each container
- Top with 10 triangle tortilla chips and 50g light shredded cheese
- Drizzle 20g of Chipotle Aioli on each container
DINNER – GARLIC CHILLI CHICKEN
- Combine oil, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, chilli and garlic in a bowl
- Season both sides of chicken with salt and pepper.
- Add 5 x 130g pieces of chicken to marinade and coat.
- Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours to marinate, if time permits.
- Slice 900g Desiree Potato and spread in single layer in microwave and heat for 3-4 minutes, repeat until it’s all cooked.
- Remove chicken from marinade. Place on barbecue grill and cook for 3 to 4 minutes
- Place Chicken on preheated BBQ grill and cook thoroughly
- Divide and place in 5 containers
SNACK – CHOC PROTEIN YOGHURT w/RASPBERRIES
- Place 100g of Greek yoghurt into 5 containers
- Mix one scoop of whey through each until mixed
- Top with Raspberries
- Mix one scoop of whey with 300mL of water
- Grab 20g of sultanas
TIPS FOR SUCCESS
The goal is to prep for the week so you are never left off guard. Make sure you buy containers that are safe for reheating food and have good quality seals. This guide was for a 65kg female so adjustments need to be made for males and larger people. Stay hydrated throughout the day and stay away from alcohol. Whilst we encourage flexibility into your diet, we strongly urge you to stay away from drinking whilst working towards a specific goal.